Serious Advocacy For Serious Injuries Due To Truck Accidents
Legally and practically speaking, truck accidents stand out among motor vehicle accidents, as follows:
- Truck drivers are often on the road many hours per day. Fatigue, inattentive driving and substance abuse may affect their performance.
- Because of a truck’s size and momentum, a driver may find it difficult or impossible to slow down or stop in time to avoid a crash. Poor road conditions and traffic violations, such as following too close in traffic or illegal lane changes, can lead to disastrous collisions and catastrophic injuries.
- Many truck accidents result in severe, life-altering injuries or fatalities because of the vehicles’ overpowering weight and velocity as compared to those of passenger cars.
- Liability and insurance coverage may be complex when different insurers cover the trucker, the truck cab, the cargo unit, the loading facility and the dispatcher.
For all these reasons, you should seek an experienced, dedicated trial lawyer to advise and represent you after you have suffered injuries or after a family member’s fatality. At Schmidt, Kirifides & Rassias, we provide free initial consultations and contingency representation.
How An Attorney Can Help Maximize Your Compensation
Getting medical bills paid and getting adequate compensation for other losses is a job for an experienced lawyer. Why do you need a knowledgeable attorney’s advocacy after a truck accident? Consider the following:
- The true costs of a serious injury over a lifetime may be much higher than you first realize. A traumatic brain injury (TBI), a spinal cord injury, a herniated disk or an amputation may require extensive medical care, therapy, rehabilitation and disability accommodations.
- An attorney will understand the state and federal laws around trucking regulations and accidents.
- An attorney has experience investigating answers to key questions, such as: Why did the accident happen? Was the truck driver sleepy and not recording their driving hours correctly? Was a part on the truck malfunctioning? Was the truck not properly maintained or inspected? Answers to these questions will help build a strong case.
- A personal injury attorney is skilled at working with insurance companies. With Schmidt, Kirifides & Rassias on your side, you can focus on healing instead of endless red tape.
Why You Should Contact A Lawyer Promptly
In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for a truck accident is two years from the date of the accident. It is important to begin working on an injury claim or lawsuit as soon as possible.